Jackie has been the lead yoga instructor in 2 yoga research studies in collaboration with Washington State University — Spokane. The research studies examined the effects of yoga on women diagnosed with breast cancer. See the articles below for information about the study and the outcomes.
- Jackie has been the recipient of a Susan G. Komen grant for 3 years to provide hatha yoga classes to women recovering from breast cancer.
- She has been a presenter at regional conferences on yoga and breast cancer.
- She has been an invited guest yoga teacher to Dyscoveries, a Spokane based support group for those living with dystonia.
- Jackie has been a complementary therapy and wellness provider for Cancer Patient Care, a Spokane organization that provides services and support for cancer patients with financial need.
- Jackie has a lending library of yoga books and videos available to students to help further their practice and understanding of yoga.
Here are links to Jackie’s work on yoga research and the latest on Iyengar yoga and back care.
- Iyengar Yoga Can Promote Well-Being in Women Breast Cancer Survivors
- Active Practice of Iyengar Yoga as an Intervention for Breast Cancer Survivors(pdf)
- Yoga Relieves Chronic Lower Back Pain
For more yoga research visit www.iynaus.org